image from francis-moran.com
Social media is perhaps the unsung hero of many successful businesses. No, it is not more powerful than a website, and it is unlikely that it will ever replace your website, but it is still one of the best tools businesses have. But, social media is only as good as the strategy you have, the posts you make, the goals you set and the tools you use to help you track your progress.
Just as you don’t begin a diet and work out regiment without a plan and goal in mind, you don’t want to approach social media as a hit or miss endeavor. When you set up your social media platform(s), you need to give serious thought as to who your audience is, what types of posts you plan to make and what success will look like. Then, determine what tools you will use to help you track your accomplishments. Fortunately, there are many social media analytics tools available, so you are certain to find one (if not more) that will meet your needs.
Free Social Media Analytics Tools
Just a quick web search will reveal hundreds of social media analytic tools each of which come at a different price tag and offer a range of features. But if you are looking for a way to track social media progress while still saving some money, then there are several free tools that you will want to check out. Here are a few to get you started:
- SumAll – This tool lets you monitor your marketing on multiple platforms. Know how many likes, retweets, shares, and more in an easy to read format. Whether you are on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus this tool can help you make every post you make count.
- MOZ Analytics– Once referred to as SEOMOZ, this tool puts all your stats just a few keystrokes away. It is also designed to help you make the most of your SEO efforts, so you can adjust keywords and long tail phrases as needed.
- Platform specific tools – Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus each have their own analytics tools that are specially designed to help you track progress based on their platform. Keep up with shares, engagement, retweets, impressions and more so you can customize your posts for effectiveness.
Paid Social Media Analytics Tools
Of course, social media analytics tools aren’t all free. There are many tools out there that can be used to improve your performance on social media, but they come with a price tag. Some tools cost just a few dollars a month while others that cost well over $3,000 monthly.
- HootSuite – Manage and measure more than 35 social media platforms from a single dashboard. HootSuite allows you to schedule posts, track mentions, analyze social media traffic to conversions, and track campaign results. Prices range from free to $1499.
- HubSpot – This allows users to integrate marketing tools to build a sales and marketing platform. Users will be able to track analytics, CRM, blog performance, social media and much more. Packages begin at $200.
- Raven Tools – This is great tool for managing multiple social media platforms. Track SEO, manage content marketing, schedule posts on a variety of platforms and much more. They have two packages, the Pro package for $99 per month and Raven Agency, which is $249 monthly.
Social media is a vital part of business that can help your company be more successful. Make the most of your platforms by using one, or more, of these tools to manage and maintain your social media presence. For more help with social media, talk to the pros at Mobile Associates.