When was the last time you created, or asked your website developer to create, a landing page? If you cannot recall the when, or perhaps have never made one, why not? These are important tools in any company’s toolbox and should not be ignored, as they are a prime way to generate more contacts and conversely, more income. Not sure? Consider these facts regarding the value of a Landing Page:
- HubSpot in itsanalysis of 7,000 businesses found that companies see a 55% increase in leads when they increase their number of landing pages from 10 to 15.
- Companies with 40+ landing pages get 12 times more leads than those with 5 or less.
Of course, if you have never branched out and created landing pages, then knowing what to include in order to draw in new leads is important. After all, the goal is to educate readers as to why they need your services, engage them through your stats, graphics, and images, and encourage them to follow through with a properly designed Call to Action (CTA). To do each these things, Website Magazine recently shared its list of important elements your landing page should include. Here are their “must haves”.
- Show the Need – It is important that you explain to readers why they need what you are offering. Do this by presenting the problem, as well as by providing the solution.
- Get their Attention – Use the various types of headlines –there are six (H1 – H6) in ascending order. The large headlines (H1) are what will draw people in. Make them engaging, by being specific in the information. In some instances, these larger headlines can also be surprising or dramatic. For sub-headlines, you can use smaller H1 tags to share greater detail about your product/service. With both main headlines and the subs, be certain to continue showing your reader why they need your product.
- Be visual – Whether you use videos, images, or graphics it doesn’t truly matter, the important thing is to have more than text! The average person wants to see the information, not just read it. As often as possible, use visual elements to create a landing page that gets attention.
- Call to Action – The point of a landing page is to get people from interested to invested. However, if you fail to seal the deal by having CTAs placed where people can respond then a landing page is merely taking up web real estate. Special attention and thought should be given to the color, size, placement, font, and wording of the CTAs on your landing page.
Having multiple, well design landing pages is a must have for any company. It has been shown by numerous studies that the landing page is one the best tools you can use to bring the undecided landing page guest from curious to confirmed client. These pages can be as specific or generic as you want (though you don’t want to overlook the pertinent elements!) so there is no reason to avoid them. Don’t just think about creating some landing pages for your company, do it! And, if you need help, give us a call. The Mobile Associates team is here to help you succeed.