Social media is more than cute pictures of babies and animals, or ways to create apps. It is a solid tool which can be used to build your business. No more is it just a place to get a laugh or read sports stats – though that is certainly doable – but social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others are becoming a business marketing must. In recent years, social media platforms have released a variety of tools that make social media even better for the perceptive business owner.
In just the past year, there has been a variety of advances in social media and how it can be used to benefit one’s business. Here are a few of them you will want to check out and implement.
- Video – While YouTube is still a great platform for business, today, business will find that platforms such as SnapChat (very popular with the Millennial generation) is a great way to get your message out. Another prime video platform is Instagram as it allows for pics and very brief video clips.
- Mobile Messaging Apps – According to a forecast from eMarketer, there are approximately 1.4 billion people using mobile messaging, a 31.6 increase from 2014. If you want to be better able to communicate with your customers, having a mobile messaging app is a great way to do so. Don’t have an app for your company? We can help.
- Live streaming – We live in an era of “instant everything” and business and social media engagement is no different. Consumers love to feel as though they are there. Tools such as Facebook Live, Periscope, and Meerkat allow you to share instantly on your social media platforms and to get feedback immediately from those who are watching. With this instant engagement, you can problem solve, build a rapport, conduct a survey, or include them in a meeting. The possibilities are endless to the creative company.
- Social Commerce – Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest all have “buy” buttons. Be sure you have yours activated or you are missing out.
- Real Time Engagement – Though this isn’t new, being on top of it is a must, A recent poll through Sprout Social showed that while 70% of social media users expect a response from brands only 1 user in 8 will receive an answer within 72 hours. Your social media platforms are vital ways to stay connected to your customers and to keep them happy.
Social media usage is not looking to decrease any time soon. Yes, it may evolve, new apps, will be developed, new platforms will emerge, and how people use it might change but its power to sway the consumer will still be there. After all, people love to know what is going on and to have the inside scoop. But, remember, social media platforms offer a powerful way to build engagement, expand your customer base and protect your reputation. Use the tools mentioned here to ensure that your social media platforms are working for you. If you have questions about making the most of social media, contact the team at Mobile Associates.