Once you’ve decided to take the plunge and turn your business idea into a mobile app, it can be a little overwhelming thinking about all the work you’re about to put into it. You’ve envisioned the long nights and the multiple test runs that will eventually mold your mobile app into a finely tuned machine that brings joy to all of your customers. And once or twice you’ve had the nightmare of your application failing due to minor errors that could have been avoided. All of these worries are normal when launching your first mobile application but the good news is that you can easily avoid them becoming a reality. Here are some of the basic steps to remember when first creating your mobile app.
1) Choose the platform that works best for your app. The ultimate dream is to have an application that works on any platform but the reality is that some apps work better on different techs. Applications for phones like the iPhone or Samsung phones can vary based on the language used to program the application. Tackling the type of language you want to use depends on what breed of mobile app you want yours to be. Mobile Associates touched on the different breeds of application in an earlier blog post. You can view that post here: http://mobileassociates.com/the-many-breeds-of-mobile-apps/
2) Researching your competition is an absolute must. How do you know that your app will stand out from all the other similar applications out there for prospective clients to choose from? You need to research your competition to see what they offer to the public and then find a way to stand out from them. It’s easy to say that you offer the best service, but what else do you offer that a client just can’t say no to?
3) Understand user behavior. Certain demographics use certain apps and that grouping can lead to a better understanding of user behavior. Example: the key demographic for say a food delivery service is ages 20-45 while computer game apps appeal to ages ranging from 6-50 (depending on the game). Figure out who your demographic is and based on that information you can better assess how to appeal to that audience.
4) Stay up to date on the latest technology trends and fads. One day a mobile application can be the most popular trending topic online and the next it’s old news. Stay up to date with what’s trending online and how the creators marketed their product.
5) Social media has become one of the best ways to market any and all businesses. Facebook offers the option to promote certain ads while also allowing the business owner to choose how wide he or she wants the advertisement to spread. The more likes a business receives the more likely ads are to be shared and that can help your business grow even more.