Did you know….
- 99% of first visitors are ready to buy, but marketers usually focus on just 1% of the people ready to buy.
- On average, five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy. It follows that, if you don’t sell the headline, you have wasted 80% of your money.
There are around 47 billion web pages competing for our attention, with approximately 30% of them being ecommerce sites. This means that you need to do all you can to encourage people to visit your website. Be it solid SEO, having a responsive design, PPC, social media or another web related endeavor, if you are going to succeed on the Web, you are going to need to invest in your website. But, once you get site guests, what are you doing to keep them there long enough to go from guest to client?
15 Ways to Increase Your Website’s Conversion Rate
If you want to not just have site guests, but also have a continually expanding customer base then you have to be intentional in your approach to increasing your website’s conversion rate. The following actions can be taken by anyone, regardless of the type of website or business.
- Speed up your website’s load time. Large picture files, videos, and more can add to the load time. Be sure that all of these elements are sized in a way to help not hurt you.
- Don’t skimp on White Hat SEO practices.
- Have a responsive design. After all, the majority of people browsing the Web use mobile devices.
- Show contact information. Make it very clear for guests to find you online, from email links to social media, so that they can easily get in touch with you.
- Have a bold and clear Call to Action statement and button. Keep in mind that for a CTA to be effective you must present the opportunity, show how your product or service will help and then provide an incentive that makes your product irresistible.
- Segment your landing pages. These exist separate from your site, but help to drive traffic to your site.
- Create newsletters and email marketing campaigns that encourage engagement and drive traffic to your site, where they can secure your service for themselves.
- Have honest recommendations and reviews from customers and clients. They can be in video form or written, but the reviews go a long way towards converting guests to clients.
- Include a visual demonstration or sample of your product.
- Add security seals so people know your company can be trusted.
- Highlight your return and guarantee policy.
- Have a section for sales and promotions.
- Have descriptions that are interesting, inviting and SEO friendly.
- Use trigger words such as “Free”, “Special”, “Buy One, Get One” etc. so guests know they visited your site at the perfect time.
- Make the checkout process as easy as possible, and offer multiple payment options.
Increasing your website’s conversion rate is vital to building your business. These tips will help you up your game in the year ahead. Start implementing them now, and get ready to see improvements. If you have questions about your website or applying these suggestions, give the web commerce pros at Mobile Associates a call today.