As the third quarter of 2016 is coming to a close, it is time to sit back assess just how well our SEO practices have been working. After all, with the holiday season just around the corner it is vital that one’s website is performing well and being found easily in search engine results. If you have yet to check the health of your website’s SEO, or aren’t sure what to look for, then the list below can help you get started.
Third Quarter SEO Checkup List
These are ways to boost your appearance in search results. They may not all apply to you, but the more of them you can, or have implement the better your site will rank.
- Mobile Optimization – If you have not yet made the move to make your website mobile responsive, then don’t put it off any longer! Goggle announced this past spring that sites not designed to be mobile device friendly would not fare as well in search results. Since the majority of website guests search the web on a device other than a pc, failing to make your website mobile friendly can cost you a great deal.
- On Page Strategy – There was a time when SEO just referred to the keywords used, but that is no longer the case. Today’s websites must also have an assortment of high-quality images that catch and retain the reader’s attention. Schema markup, topical pages, and pages that are easy to navigate are mandatory for boosting your SEO.
- Apps – People love shortcuts to their favorite sites, tools that make ordering and researching easier and simpler methods of contacting others. Hence, the need for apps; in fact, one study found that the majority of people prefer apps over websites.
- Voice Recognition – The trend of searching using voice is becoming increasingly popular thanks to tools such as Siri and Cortana. More importantly, a study found that 60% of people who use voice search have been doing so for at least 6 months, and that 25% of all Bing searches are done via voice and 20% of Google searches are being done using voice query.
- Custom Websites – The experienced web user can identify the cookie-cutter website and in many industries, this is seen as a negative. When you have a custom-built site you can include the things that matter most to you and your site guests – not be stuck following a pre-set arrangement.
SEO is a critical part of having a successful online presence. If you have checked your website against these parameters and have found it wanting, there is still time to get it ready for the holidays. Give the Mobile Associates team a call to schedule a site assessment and learn how we can get your website ready for the holiday season.