Whether we like it or not, 2017 is just around the corner, so now is the time to start thinking about how to make your company even better next year. There are many aspects of business you can look at changing, but if one of them does not involve taking a hard look at your web presence and –if necessary- taking steps to improve it, then you could miss out on a huge source of revenue.
Now is a great time to begin preparing your website for 2017. If you are looking for action items to boost your web presence, then be sure that the following elements are a part of your website.
- Content – Spend any amount of time on the Web and you will quickly learn that content is still king. When web bots crawl your website for SERPs, it is vital that your website use keywords properly so that you can rank on the first page. If you do not use keywords on your website then Google and other search engines have no idea what you have to offer. Also, keep in mind that Google prefers pages with a minimum of 300 words per page, though the more words the better.
- Speed – All of us are impatient when it comes to the Web. In fact, studies show that the 25% of users will leave a website if it takes more than 4 seconds to load! Combine that statistic with the fact that the average adult attention span is only 8 seconds, and it is imperative that your website load quickly. Several actions can be taken to improve load time. These include minimizing the size of images and reducing how many plugins your site has. You can also run your website through PageSpeed Insights to help identify problems and provide insight on how to fix them.
- User Experience – This is a must for a website to be successful. Be sure that your website is easy to navigate, has clear Calls to Action, is void of broken links, has an obvious Contact Us page, real customer reviews, and is written for both the individual who visits your site as well as for the bots.
- Be Social – A website is not enough! You have to have a presence on social media. Take time to manage your social platforms (or hire someone else to do it for you) in a way that encourages interaction with followers without inundating them with information and sales pitches.
- Video – The average person prefers video to reading long posts. Consider adding a video element to your website that tells the story of your product or explains to guests how your product/service can improve their scenario.
It is hard to imagine a business being successful without its having a presence on the Web. But, if you have not yet taken the plunge on the Web, then what are you waiting for? The Mobile Associates team is here to help you not just build a website, but help you meet all the “Must Haves” that your website needs to position your company for success. From SEO to graphics and a responsive design to social media, we understand how to position your company for a positive Web presence. So, don’t just think about a website for 2017, get started on one now.