We all know the value of social media. But sometimes, knowing how to and where to begin can be overwhelming. The Mobile Associates team wants to help you maximize your business as many platforms and methods as possible. However, for many businesses, the thought of taking on social media is a bit scary. If you find yourself struggling with social media, then this list can help you get started.
Social Media Posting Tips:
- Post/Sponsor events and causes related to the medical field (health tips, gender equality, race equality, office management). Be sure to @tag people in any pictures or quoted comments as that helps build engagement and excitement!
- Make posts that cause people to act or feel something without sounding like a sales pitch.
- If you plan to do blogging, be sure to post the links on your social pages.
- Best days of the week to make social media post are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after lunch. The prime time for FB post is Wednesday at 2pm.
- Remember the 80/20 rule. Only 20% of your posts should be self-promotion; the rest should educate, entertain, or encourage engagement.
- Post links to any webinars you promote.
- Use client testimonials –videos, too- not just the written ones. Whenever possible, always have the person’s picture to include with the testimonial.
- Don’t be afraid to make the occasional controversial post.
- Use #Hashtags such as #DidYouKnow or #ICYMI (In case you missed it). These 2 are especially popular on Twitter, but are also great for Facebook and Google Plus. If there are any industry specific hashtags, be sure to use those.
- Use humor or cartoons when appropriate.
- Remind people of how your product can save people time, money, or storage space.
- When you are sent a message via a social platform, be sure to respond in 30 minutes or less.
- Be real/ show some personality. Does your company have a sports team or share a hobby? Consider posting the occasional pic that shows comradery.
- Consider doing employee spotlights. Include a pic (could be an avatar) and a fun bio. Perhaps include things like their hobbies, fave color and fave food. While these items have nothing to do with your product/service, they add depth to what can be another boring bio.
- Make it easy on your SMM (social media management) person – provide them with any pictures, industry events, news, etc. that can help. Also, be sure they have a list of the keywords so that they can incorporate them into posts. Be sure your SMM person knows if you have a blog, and when the new blogs are released.
- Posts that are short (i.e. fewer than 100 characters), visual (especially graphics that are customized to your industry!), and created for the right audience tend to get more likes, comments, and shares.
There are many other action items you can take to boost your company’s social media platforms. However, do remember that social media success does not occur overnight. In most cases, it will take several months – in some cases, it might even take a couple of years. However, it takes consistency and even some experimenting to discover what actions will best engage your followers and build your platform.
If you have questions about social media management, the Mobile Associates team is here to help. We have people who will manage your various social media accounts so that you can focus on your business, or we can help you develop an action plan specific to your needs. Give us a call today and get started on boosting your social media presence!